Some of our significant successes in strengthening civil legal aid organizations include:
- Obtained Utah’s first ongoing Legislative appropriation to support family law and domestic violence services and worked to grow the appropriation to the current $395,000 annually.
- Conducted Utah’s first assessment of the Legal Needs of low income Utahns in 2007.
- Supported the Access to Justice Council, a cross-sector effort to increase the impact of Utah’s efforts to increase legal assistance for the disadvantaged.
- Fostering increased collaboration, appropriate referrals, and minimizing duplicative services between Utah’s civil legal aid providers.
- Assisted Utah State Bar in rolling out of Utah’s first annual Pro Bono Celebration.
- Assistance with developing fundraising plans and coordinating fundraising efforts.
- Grant research, review and program development related to potential grants. Grant writing when it supports multiple agencies or when time allows.
- Serving as fiscal agent for the Timpanogos Legal Center pending acceptance of their application for 501(c)(3) status.
- Upgraded statewide telecommunications system shared by Utah Legal Services, Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake and the Disability Law Center in 2012.