Social Media and Public Affairs Intern
“and Justice for all” (AJFA) is a fundraising and resource-sharing umbrella organization for three of Utah’s largest civil legal aid providers: Disability Law Center, Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake, and Utah Legal Services. AJFA is currently seeking a qualified, dynamic, self-starting, and fast-learning Social Media and Public Affairs Intern.
AJFA is committed to ensuring our internships are beneficial to the applicant’s professional goals. AJFA seeks to create targeted learning opportunities for interns through the wealth of resources the agency has at its disposal, and to create a collaborative and flexible approach to gaining practical experience in the applicant’s field of greatest interest.
The Social Media and Public Affairs Intern will be responsible to:
- Work with executive director and development coordinator to design media strategy, editorial calendars and content
- Monitor our social media platforms—Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Manage AJFA’s social media accounts and post content
- Write press releases and pitch stories to local media
- Draft and research talking points for interviews and events
- College student or recent graduate
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Social media platform experience (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Ability to create relevant, creative, high-quality content
- Ability develop content and manage approval process on a timeline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience with Canva is a bonus
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3-6 month commitment.
Hours: 10 – 20 hours/week; flexible arrangement including remote work available.
Compensation: This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. If desired, we can work with your college internship office to provide you with school credit for your work.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law